As you may expect we have a number of procedures / requirements to advise you and your group on before you arrive with us on the day.
One of the key requirements is;
We advise all members, guests and visitors to the club to not come to the club at all if:
• you have any symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
• you've tested positive for coronavirus – this means you have coronavirus
• you live with someone who has symptoms or has tested positive
• someone in your support bubble has symptoms or has tested positive
• you're told by NHS Test and Trace that you've been in contact with a person with coronavirus
Players travelling from within an area currently affected by Government restrictions, to Hesketh should only sit with members of their own household inside the clubhouse.
For information on areas currently under restrictions please check governement announcements on TV, Social Media or Online
Main Government Website - please click here
Local Restrictions for North West England - please click here
We would ask that all Visitors to the club respect these guidelines at all times. We have seating available outdoors for up to 40 people.
Rule of 6
As you will no doubt be aware, following the announcement by the Prime Minister, from Monday 14th September it has become illegal to gather in groups of more than 6 people.
Hesketh Golf Club’s Covid response has been led by a working group comprising Directors of the Club and our Senior Management Team. The working group understand the genuine risks to health for staff, members, and visitors to Hesketh Golf Club from Covid-19.
- All Golf bookings, regardless of group size remain possible due to the maximum of four players per individual group.
- Hesketh Golf Club will require the names of everyone in the group, and the organiser of the group must send a start sheet in advance of the visit.
- For bookings / groups of 7 of more, and up to a maximum of 24, we can offer access to our Clubhouse and Outdoor area for refreshments including dining, but only in a limited and controlled manner. Visitors may sit at tables positioned at predetermined locations within the clubhouse, with a maximum of six per table. Groups of 7 or more will be unable to sit in close proximity to others from the same party.
- Access to the tables will be via staggered time slots. It is imperative that visitors remain at their own table and do not mix with others in the clubhouse.
- For groups of over 25+ we regretfully cannot provide use of our Clubhouse facilities due to limited spacing due to our Covid secure measures that are in place. A takeaway Coffee and Bacon Roll service is available for these groups on request, which will be served from the Double Doors onto the Putting Green 30 minutes before each individual persons tee time. We ask that each tee time arrives independently to each other, once again no more than 30 minutes before their own tee time.
For any further information on how we will need to operate our Clubhouse or for clarity on your Clubhouse experience, please contact our House Manager Karen Courtney for more information - click here to send an email
Our on-course Halfway House will be open throughout the day and will provide food such as sausage rolls, cakes and chocolate, along with a selection of hot and cold drinks.
It is now a requirement by law to wear a face covering in any indoor public space.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Pro Shop
Face Coverings may be removed when seated at a table. Please use them at all other times, again including but not limited to entry to the Clubhouse, unless medically exempt as per the goverment definition.
Registration for the day will take place in our Professionals Shop which is located on the Main Car Park.
Our Professional Staff will advise any exceptional guidance which will be relevant on the day.
As with all shops in England, the wearing of a face mask / covering is required by law except for those with a reason not to wear one.
Food and Drink
We are offering food and drink within our Clubhouse each day.
We have selected days with our Cold Bar Menu, and other days with our Lite Kitchen Menu.
Our Halfway House is currently open 7 Days a week. Snacks and Drinks are available to purchase.
Our Clubhouse and Halfway House Opening Times along with menus are available to view online – please click here
Toilets / Clubhouse
Our Clubhouse Toilets are available during Clubhouse Opening Times only.
Our Halfway House Toilets are available throughout the day. A code for access if required and will be provided on Registration with the Pro Shop or by the Halfway House Staff on the day.
Our Locker Rooms remain closed to visitors as access restricted to members locker storage.
Please maintain excellent hygiene standards by sanitising hands prior to entry and washing your hands thoroughly before exiting.
Social Distancing / Covid-19 Measures in Place
We would request that as a priority Social Distancing is always maintained.
Please do not touch the flag / pin or any item on the course that you do not absolutely have to.
Rakes have been removed from all bunkers. A local rule is in place allowing Preferred Lies in the Bunker. This is available as an addendum to this update at the bottom of the page.
Within the Clubhouse, we must request that tables / groups consist of up to a maximum of 6 people, as per government guidance. Our Lounge has been set to accommodate this, and we request that no furniture is moved as we have ensured Covid secure measures are in place following our risk assessment.
We must ask that you respect our staff who have the difficult job of monitoring the situation if they advise there is no space available within our Clubhouse.
Entry to the Clubhouse is via the back lawn, turning left when approaching the Clubhouse from the Main Car Park. The Main Clubhouse entrance will remain closed.
Those using the Clubhouse must wait to be seated / granted entry, both indoors and outdoors.
Track and Trace is now a legal requirement and we ask all users of our Clubhouse to record their visit with our Clubhouse Staff on arrival.
We have signed up to the Government NHS Covid-19 App scheme. Our QR Code is on display in our Main Lounge and on our information TV.
Hands must be sanitised on entry.
Table service will be in operation. Staff will advise on the day exactly how this will work.
We ask that where possible contactless payment methods are used.
Whilst there is clearly a lot to take in and adhere to, we do hope that despite all of these measures, or even due to these measures you are able to enjoy your visit to Hesketh Golf Club.
Please tag us in your social media posts - @HeskethGolfClub on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and even TikTok.
Local Rule for Bunkers
Preferred Lies in a Bunker
When a player's ball lies in a bunker the player may take free relief once by placing the original ball or another ball in and playing it from this relief area:
Reference Point: Spot of the original ball.
Size of Relief Area: 6 inches from the reference point, but must not be nearer the hole than the reference point and must still be in the bunker.
In proceeding under this Local Rule, the player must choose a spot to place the ball and use the procedures for replacing a ball under Rules 14.2b(2) and 14.2e.
Penalty for Playing Ball from a Wrong Place in Breach of Local Rule: General Penalty Under Rule 14.7a.
For this rule, please remember - The bunker condition must not be improved prior to the placing of the ball, otherwise a General Penalty of 2 Strokes is to be applied.